If you are an aspiring producer, songwriter, or even artist – and in the L.A. area – this is definitely the spot you need to be next weekend. The ASCAPs have organized their annual “I Create Music” EXPO, taking place April 28-30, 2011 at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, CA. Now in its sixth year, this three-day conference provides a welcoming environment for attendees to learn from some of the music industry’s top talent, as well as an opportunity to network with their peers.
Here are some of the highlights to expect if you attend:
· Grammy Award winning music icon, business entrepreneur Pharrell Williams sits down for a master session to explore what can be accomplished when you have talent, ambition, vision, a knack for collaboration, and the knowledge of how to focus those gifts into a smart and successful career.
· Singer/songwriter Fergie of six-time Grammy Award winning, multi-platinum group The Black Eyed Peas will join a super panel of music creators from across the musical spectrum on the EXPO’s signature “We Create Music” panel to discuss common challenges, rewards and give valuable insights on how to forge a lasting career.
· Songwriter/producer Jermaine Dupri will be interviewed by songwriter Johntà Austin as part of a series of writer and composer-focused Master Sessions.
· Women Behind the Music featuring songwriter/artist Kelly Price, songwriter Cri$tyle “The Ink” Johnson, songwriter/artist Melanie Fiona and songwriter Andrea Martin. This panel of incredibly gifted women in R&B will share their experiences in navigating the music industry and achieving creative success.
· Producer Boi-1da and producer/engineer Noah “40” Shebib – longtime collaborators with rapper/singer Drake – have created such hits as “Best I Ever Had,” “Forever,” “Over” “Fancy” and “Thank Me Later.” On the Deconstructing Drake panel, they will share how they work with the artist, breaking down how they take a song from idea to the studio to the top of the charts.
For more information, and to register, please visit www.ascap.com/expo.